The Retreat - Owain Pughes Cottage
There is a long history of human activity in the Machynlleth area. There is evidence from the Early Bronze Age 2750 years ago and the Romans built a fort at Pennal. Machynlleth is mentioned in the Royal Charter of 1291 granting the right to hold a market every Wednesday and 700 years later the market remains a busy street market held throughout the year.
In 1404, Owain Glydwr was crowned Prince of Wales in Machynlleth near the Parliament House, which is one of three mediaeval houses in the town.
Machynlleth has excellent transport link via the mainline railway which links the Midlands to Aberystwyth and the Cambrian Coast.
Tourism is a primary employment sector in the area. Several mountain biking trails are in the area and walking is a popular pastime. The visitor centre at the Centre for Alternative Technology is a popular draw for people from all over the developed world. Agriculture also continues to play a significant part in the local economy.
This well presented renovated and converted listed building enjoys a wealth of original features and oozes period charm.
The property can be let as either part or unfurnished and briefly features the following accommodation:
Open-plan lounge/kitchen with slate floor
Gas fired underfloor heating & radiators
Kitchen with oven &, cooker hood
Bathroom with bath and shower over bath
Stairs to a mezzanine level
2 Double bedrooms
Off Road Secure Parking for two cars
This is a non-Smoking Building
One small Pet Considered
EPC rating D
Council Tax Band C